Friday, April 17, 2009

Chaperone Fun

Tonight I chaperoned the annual Spring Fling dance at the high school where I teach. While playing the role of bouncer at an exterior door, sitting next to a student teacher studying education at a nearby university and doing her time at our school, I got to enjoy watching the following exchange over the course of the evening:

A student obviously lacking in social skills came up to the female student teacher and asked her to dance. Or, rather, he came up and just started doing crotch thrusts in her direction. She simply shook her head. Then he tried to flirt by asking what she would do if he poured her soda on her head. 'Cause, you know, women love that. Trying to make clear that she is faculty rather than a student, she said, "Then I would flunk you."

"Not here," he said.

Due to the loud music, he thought she'd said, "Then I would f*** you."

I came over and he took off.

A couple minutes later he came back and asked her to dance again.

Before he left, he came up and asked her for a hug. Considering what he'd heard, his persistence is understandable. She offered to shake his hand.

As he walked off, confused and disappointed, I nearly fell on the floor.

1 comment:

Jed Carosaari said...

Wow. Somewhere at a ten-year reunion Group Event on Facebook, that story's going to retold, and retold...